The Greenwall Foundation is looking to hire a part-time bioethics intern to work directly with the Foundation’s Program Director and President & CEO. Ideally, the intern would be pursuing an advanced degree in bioethics or a related field. The intern would work 10-20 hours per week and will earn $25/hour. The internship will likely go from May through August, though start and end dates are flexible.
Most (if not all) of the internship will occur remotely. The intern must be located in the United States. Otherwise, there are no geographic restrictions on the intern’s location, though Eastern time zone is preferred, as is the Washington, DC area. In addition, the intern should have access to a computer, internet, and a place where they can work during East coast business hours.
The intern will assist with research and related tasks, for example:
- Conducting background research to support bioethics grants review, potential convenings, and other Foundation initiatives;
- Conducting literature reviews on bioethics topics;
- Drafting research summaries;
- Drafting blog posts or other materials about the Foundation’s activities;
- Updating records of grantee publications and accomplishments; and
- Generally supporting the Foundation’s operations, for example, through website and communications support and quick turn-around research tasks.
- Strong background in bioethics and experience in bioethics research;
- Familiarity and facility with bioethics-related research databases;
- Excellent writing skills; and
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates should send the following items to Misti Ault Anderson at [email protected] with the subject line “Summer Internship” by May 5, 2023:
- CV emphasizing their bioethics background and experience;
- 2-5 page writing sample, preferably on a bioethics topic; and
- List of 2 references (including contact information and relationship to applicant), at least one of whom can speak to the applicant’s workplace experience and skills.
The Greenwall Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.